Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What is Churchsurfing?

You might be wondering what churchsurfing is. Actually, I would be quite surprised if you did know what it is!

Churchsurfing is a term that one of my friends coined to describe what you do when you go hunting for a new church. You try out a church, feel out their specific doctrine, listen to their music, get to know the people, get an idea of what the church culture is like.

I live in a middle-sized city in Kentucky. I lived in Los Angeles for six years, so L.A. thoughts, attitudes, and moral standards crept into my way of thinking. The result is a liberal person in the fringes of the Bible belt. It makes it hard to find a church that suits me and vice versa.

I'm on a journey through the city, church by church. I'm determined to try out every church in the city, week by week. Hopefully by the end of it, I will have found a church that I can call home. Agree or disagree, I'm just one person. Let me know if you'd like me to visit your church!

1 comment:

  1. Did you find one yet?? I'm "churchsurfing" in Lex, too...

    ReplyDelete